Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Weekend of Blues and Bikes

       This weekend was both the Roots n' Blues and BBQ Festival and also the MS150. So Friday night I got to spend time with my husband listening to fantastic music and eat really good food at Bleu. Railroad Earth was probably my favorite band. We just lounged in Peace Park and enjoyed the night. Saturday Susan (a business partner) and I worked the VIP tent at Roots doing chair massage. Since the VIP tent was right next to one of the stages we were entertained by more great music. The weather was lovely. It rained a few times but never very hard or for very long. I tried really hard to stick around and listen to more wonderful music but by six o'clock I was so worn out. So I was a wuss and went home and vegetated.
        The MS150 was both Saturday and Sunday, but I only worked it today. It is such a fun event to work. People come from all over to bike and raise money to help fight MS. It was pretty slow, which was fine. I got to sit and enjoy the company of therapists I don't see often. Again, the weather was balmy with a nice breeze. So it was a busy but good weekend. I was really looking forward to taking pictures at Roots, but alas I left my SD card at home so my camera was useless... oh well. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment