Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Reconnecting with Creativity

It has been quite a while since I've done any work with paints. We had this old, slightly unattractive white dresser we were using to store Wii and Gamecube controllers. It's not very big and I decided I wanted to decorate it in some fashion. At first I thought I might do something with origami paper but I couldn't figure out a design that I liked enough. Then I thought maybe I could do something with cranes or flowers. Again I decided against those as I'm not super talented with figures. So I just painted it white figuring it needed a base coat. Then my husband was wasting time on imgur and found a post where someone had painted an old table like a nebula. I figured I could try that out. I found some wonderful water soluble oil paints. They still blend really well and take a while to dry but are so much easier to clean up (just a little dab of dish soap!). 
This is what I wound up with. 
I rather like it.


It felt really good to get back into something I used to love doing. I really like pastels but those don't really mix with having a white-ish carpet. I am not a tidy artist. During the process of painting the dresser I painted myself almost as much! So pastel use might have to wait till warmer weather when I can just go outside :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment